Wednesday 26 August 2020

DIY Masks

For the last two sesions of sewing tech, we have been creating masks. One of our kind teachers gave us some awesome material, with detail pictures of deer, goats, stags, trout and more. I choose a material with goats on rocks. It was a reasonably simple process. The hardest thing was making the pleating. Pleating is the folds on the front. We had to pin them, then iron and sew. The best skill that I've learnt was probably pleating, but I've learnt lots of other tips and tricks. This term in sewing has been a blast. I even learnt to make pants. They are quite big on me but at least they will fit me for a long time. Since I am a year eight, this is my very final tec session with sewing. Thanks Anne for teaching me sewing skills that will last a life time. Here is my mask. 





1 comment:

  1. Kia ora. I am Sarah from St Mary’s School.
    I really liked the material that you used.
    Next time you could write down how you made the mask.
    here

    Mā te wā
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.